Sri Lanka has announced that it will be welcoming a VIP delegation from China to the inaugural Asia Hotel and Tourism Investment Conference (AHTIC) in Colombo in November, organised by Bench Events and the Sri Lanka Tourism Club.
The delegation, comprising leading investors and hoteliers, has been facilitated by the Centre of Asia Hotel Forum.
Among the influential executives who will meet Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena and Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe will be Haibo Bai, Chairman and President HNA Hotel Groups, part of the HNA Group, the Chinese aviation and shipping giant which recently acquired 25% of Hilton for $ 6.5 billion.
The delegation’s attendance is a coup for the conference and for Sri Lanka, which has plans in place to develop its tourism sector rapidly. During their seven-day stay, the Chinese executives will explore investment opportunities as guests of the Government.
Among the other Chinese VIPs will be:
- Yun Cai – Secretary-General of the China Real Estate Association Commercial and Tourism Estate Committee
- Henry Chen – Founder and President of the Asia Hotel Forum/Phoenix Global Investment http://www.phoenixinvest.ca/
- David Cho – Director of INSIGHT asset management and investment group Ltd. http://www.insightinvestment.com/
- Milin Kritsutthikun – Director of Business Development, Forise Land Real Estate http://www.foriseland.com
- Shudong Li – General Manager – Development of Join. In Hospitality Management Co. Ltd. http://www.tlhotelsgroup.com/location-en.html
- Qifeng Ning – Senior Vice President of Wanda Commercial Properties (Group) http://www.wandaplazas.com/en
- Zhenyu Shen – GM of COFCO Investment Department (owner of www.cofco.com/en/index.html)
- Adam Xia – Business Development Center GM of Powerlong Real Estate Holdings Ltd. http://www.powerlong.com/view/index.action.
- Xiaojian Xiao – Secretary-general of China Real Estate Association Financing Committee
- Dongjian Xu – Founder & President of Hanvon Technology http://www.hanvon.com.
- Hansen Zhao – President of Dossen International, Dossen Hotel Group http://www.dossen.com.
High on their itinerary as they tour the island will be plans to attract tourists back to the ‘Pearl of the Indian Ocean’ with the launch of themed tourism development zones. The public-private sector initiative is backed by the Ministry of Lands, the Ministry of Tourism and the Sri Lanka Tourism Club, a Government-recognised group of industry leaders responsible for arranging the Chinese investors’ visit.
At least five (and possibly eight) Themed International Tourism and Family Entertainment Zones are being designated on State-owned land selected for its outstanding natural beauty.
This land includes beaches, mountains and forest regions, extending over more than 4,000 acres. The Chinese business leaders will hear the full plans at AHTIC.
Full story at: FT