- 6 high profile travel journalists to savour ‘One Island – ThousandTreasures’
- UK arrivals grow by +9.8% to be No. 1 revenue earner for 2015
- Multi-city tourism road show with private sector
- Country profiling at ‘Over 50 Consumer Travel Fair’ in London
- One-to-one presentations to leading tour operators
The Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau (SLTPB) together with SriLankan Airlines hosted six travel journalists from Britain, Ireland and Scotland as part of a new Rs. 200 million winter marketing campaign in the United Kingdom.
The journalists who represented leading British publications including Sunday Independent, Travel Extra, The Sun, Travel Trade Gazette, Selling Travel, Sunday Express , ABTA Magazine and the Herald will be taken on a tour of the island including destinations that highlight the country’s biodiversity, cultural heritage, Ayurvedic experiences, adventure tourism and sunny beaches in addition to highlighting Ceylon tea.
Included among the journalists’ stopovers are the costal belt, Kandy and Sri Lanka’s famed cultural triangle of Anuradhapura, Dambulla and Polonnaruwa – a city which features prominently in Disney Nature’s new film, Monkey Kingdom.
The United Kingdom is a major source of arrivals and revenue for the Sri Lankan tourisms sector with arrivals from the UK crossing 72,800 in the first half of 2015 and accounting for approximately 22.4% of tourism earnings according to SLTPB data.